Using coupons to save on grocery is part of our everyday life, but we do feel bad and frustrated when our coupons get rejected by the cashier at the counter.There are still fake coupon sites that aggregate coupons.
When printing coupons from the internet, ensure that you visit the right sites and that the coupon has all the necessary features of the Sports Direct at Voucher Codes Pro, expiry date, “manufacturer coupon” or “store coupon” printed on it if it is a manufacturer or store coupon respectively and the manufacturer address.
FAKE COUPONS Coupons that are printed from fake coupon sites will not be accepted at the stores. Always ensure that your coupons are printed from genuine coupon sites to avoid the frustration of your coupon being rejected at the stores after you have picked an item to match the coupon.
EXPIRED COUPON Coupons can expire and you may not know if you do not look closely. Ensure that the coupon you have is still valid. If it is an online coupon, you can try it online.
COUPONS VALID ONLY AT CERTAIN LOCATIONS Some coupons are only to be used at certain locations, like in certain states. So when you are in other states not valid for these coupons, they are usually rejected.
COUPONS NOT CLEAR ENOUGH When coupons are printed poorly, the likelihood of rejection is higher as the barcode can’t scan. When the barcode fails to scan, the coupon will definitely be rejected. Make sure that the coupon is clear when it is printed. You can print it out in colors as well for a clearer print out.
AVOID PRINTING COUPONS IN PDF FORMAT Coupons printed in PDF format lack unique barcodes. Coupons work with genuine barcodes. When coupons lack unique barcodes, they are usually rejected.
1. UNDERSTANDING THE COUPONCheck to know the kind of coupon you have, if it is a manufacturer coupon or store coupon. And also know how you can use them together.
2. PATRONISE LEGITIMATE ONLINE COUPON SITESPrint your coupon from reputable online coupon sites to avoid fake coupons. As there are lots of fake coupon sites.
3. PRINT COUPONS OUT CLEARLYEnsure that your printed coupons come out clearly. Check to see that the barcodes and other features are also legible. Also, when you print out these coupons, always make sure that the website from where the coupons are printed from is indicated on the coupon. This is to enable the store manager to easily recognize the website for easy acceptance.
4. CONTACT STORE’S CORPORATE OFFICEYou can contact the store’s corporate office when you are in doubt of their policy on coupon redemption. Ask for a letter or a printed statement outlining their policy regarding how their coupons are redeemed.
5. ASK TO SPEAK WITH THE MANAGERWhen you aren’t comfortable with the knowledge of the store staff regarding the store coupon policy, ask to speak with the manager. Most managers know their store’s coupon redemption policy. If you are still in doubt, ask for contact to their corporate office.
6. PICK THE RIGHT PRODUCT FOR EACH COUPONAlways look through the coupon carefully, reading through the instructions. This is to ensure that you pick the right product for a particular coupon.
7. ASK QUESTIONBefore you use the coupon to make a purchase, first speak to the customer service staff to find out if the coupon can be used.
8. SCAN ITEMS INDIVIDUALLY AT THE COUNTERAt the check out counter, ensure that each item picked for each coupon is scanned individually. The chances are that the coupons will scan successfully.
LACK OF KNOWLEDGE ABOUT COUPON POLICY BY STORE STAFF Some store employees might not have the adequate knowledge of the policy regarding how their coupons are redeemed. This usually robs off on customers who want to redeem coupons at these stores.
COUPONS NEEDING MINIMUM PURCHASE REQUIREMENT Some coupons will specify that you spend a certain amount of money before you can get a percentage off or you need to buy more items before you can get a certain percentage off. This encourages you to spend more. Please avoid such coupons. When you visit the grocery store with such a coupon and do not meet this requirement, be rest assured that the coupon will be rejected.
COUPONS TO BE USED FOR NEXT PURCHASESome coupons are designed to be used for your next purchase. So when you present it for immediate redemption, it will be rejected. These coupons are usually used to bring a customer back to make another purchase.
COUPONS FOR NEW CUSTOMERSSome coupons are designed to woo new customers to stores. You can’t use such coupons if you are already a customer.
COUPONS FOR ALREADY EXISTING CUSTOMERS These coupons are for regular customers, to reward them for their continuous patronage. So if you are a new customer trying to use this coupon to match an item, it will be rejected.
STORE POLICYSome stores will still reject some coupons citing store policy. If this happens, try the coupon at another store. If it is still rejected, discard the coupon and print familiar coupons you have been able to use in the past.
Some stores do reject printed internet coupons because they do not have current up to date cash registers that can detect fake coupons. When the store does not accept certain coupons, there is surely a good reason for that. Find out the reason why. You can as well take it to another store where it will be accepted.
Most big national stores like Wal-Mart keep making adjustments to their coupon redemption policy most especially policies regarding their internet printed coupons. If we can adopt the above- mentioned action, we are on our way to enjoy using our coupons to save money!